Thursday, July 17, 2014

Walking Revere Beach

A few times a week I try to hit Revere Beach to get a morning walk in before I get ready and off to work.  I am fortunate to live within a 5 minute drive to the ocean.  There is always something or someone interesting to see.  Recently Hollywood was filming scenes for the Johnny Depp movie "Black Mass" about Boston's most notorious gangster "Whitey Bulger"on Revere Beach.  I was told this was a murder scene.  Here are some photos I took.




This La Linterna beach restaurant is really the Pizza Kitchen in Revere.  I wish I had a before photo.  It's amazing what they have done to it.







They transformed Revere Beach into Miami Beach complete with cabanas and palm trees. I didn't get to see any of the actual filming but it was fascinating to see all the work and prep that went into it.  Here is a link I found to a u-tube video of the day of filming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmpraU44s34


Here's the link to the Reverebeach.com with a bit more about the filming.
The old cars that were brought in on the day of filming.


A few photos of Johnny Depp at http://www.justjared.com  They did a great job of making him up to look just like Whitey Bulger.


And here is the back to Revere Beach without the palm trees or cabanas.


The Revere Beach Sandcastle Festival started this weekend.  I took some photos this morning but that will have to wait till another post.  Here is a link to the Revere Journal Twitter which has photos as the event unfolds.

5 comments:

  1. I was dazzled by the fact that you live within 5 minutes of the ocean....how relaxing that sounds! Fun to have a movie filmed there. We had part of the latest Spiderman movie filmed here in Rochester, NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed to live where you do - the beach looks like an ever changing scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so cool.
    Johnny Deep played in Public Enemy as well. He makes a good gangster. :-)
    Anyway, that was filmed in Northern Wisconsin, not far from my hometown.
    Fun post. Thank you for sharing.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete